Desktop Monitors

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
Firstly I would like to say sorry if this thread has been posted in the wrong section. Please feel free to move the thread in the correct place if you need to do so. Thanks

Currently I have 3 x 24inch Philips 1080p Full HD Monitors. I was hoping to purchase a mount for them but Philips monitors are not VESA compatible, which means I will need to get rid off the monitors.

I am hoping to purchase 4 monitors. 3 of which will be mainly used for editing and the last monitor for Gaming.

At the moment I am looking at "Asus" brand. As all their monitors are "VESA! compatible.

If you had a choice to purchase 4 monitors that you would stick with for over 5-10 years, what would it be?

Bsrz

Rising Star
the glass monitors from iron man 3 .......

on a serious note, asus vn247h monitors - absolutely love them there amazing.

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
Hey Bsrz thanks for your response bud. Asus monitors are decent, damn should have purchased them instead. I wasted money on 2 Philips 24 inch monitors! :(
The monitor that you suggested are 23.6inch bud, are they reasonable size for video editing bud?

Bsrz

Rising Star
Hey Bsrz thanks for your response bud. Asus monitors are decent, damn should have purchased them instead. I wasted money on 2 Philips 24 inch monitors! :(
The monitor that you suggested are 23.6inch bud, are they reasonable size for video editing bud?

Hey Steve, I would say 24-27 inch is the best for working anything bigger and it gets to much to handle and anything smaller and it becomes hard to see, that is my opinion - the way I had my monitors were the 3 asus monitors in a surround setup and the boost it gives to completing tasks is amazing, the fact that you can either span an application say - adobe premiere pro across 3 x 24 inch screens or have it say in the center screen while working on the outer 2 is awesome. I enjoy video editing on my 24 inch monitors - I can highly recommend them for this purpose.

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
Hey Steve, I would say 24-27 inch is the best for working anything bigger and it gets to much to handle and anything smaller and it becomes hard to see, that is my opinion - the way I had my monitors were the 3 asus monitors in a surround setup and the boost it gives to completing tasks is amazing, the fact that you can either span an application say - adobe premiere pro across 3 x 24 inch screens or have it say in the center screen while working on the outer 2 is awesome. I enjoy video editing on my 24 inch monitors - I can highly recommend them for this purpose.

Hey bud thanks for your response it sounds awesome bud! I;m currently using Sony Vegas to edit videos and working one a single 24inch monitor but can connect another one which will make it into 2 x 24inch monitor. But I can't get the setup correct bud. Perhaps you can help me out bud as you seem to have more knowledge than me.

Also, if I was to purchase let's say 3 x 27inch Asus monitors would that be ideal bud? Or will that be way too much space when editing videos bud?

Thanks

@Vaio, thanks for the links bud appreciate it very much. Will check it out soon.

Bsrz

Rising Star
I;m currently using Sony Vegas to edit videos and working one a single 24inch monitor but can connect another one which will make it into 2 x 24inch monitor. But I can't get the setup correct bud. Perhaps you can help me out bud as you seem to have more knowledge than me.

Also, if I was to purchase let's say 3 x 27inch Asus monitors would that be ideal bud? Or will that be way too much space when editing videos bud?

Thanks

Right first off what graphics card are you using, I am rocking nvidia cards so have my monitor hooked up to the the top graphics card with dvi to hdmi cables, I then opened nvidia controller panel right click on desktop - nvidia controller panel click it - and setup is pretty straight forward just go onto setup multiple displays, I am sure there are many youtube videos on how to setup surround using either nvida or amd. in terms of monitor size I would advise 3 x 24 however 27 will work fine. any more than 27 and you will be forced to sit away form the monitors or you will start to strain your eyes.

bigben

Master Poster
24" is pretty large. I have two 24" monitors and there is no way that I could fit a 3rd onto my desk :/

steve.r

Bronze Level Poster
Right first off what graphics card are you using, I am rocking nvidia cards so have my monitor hooked up to the the top graphics card with dvi to hdmi cables, I then opened nvidia controller panel right click on desktop - nvidia controller panel click it - and setup is pretty straight forward just go onto setup multiple displays, I am sure there are many youtube videos on how to setup surround using either nvida or amd. in terms of monitor size I would advise 3 x 24 however 27 will work fine. any more than 27 and you will be forced to sit away form the monitors or you will start to strain your eyes.

Well at the moment bud I'm using a crap graphics card but will be purchasing a new desktop soon. But it will be a decent one as I have had help/advice from other members on this forum on the built and the new graphics card will be able to handle 3 monitors fine without any problems.

Sleinous

Author Level
I'd recommend the VG248QE from ASUS - I'm using them for editing and gaming currently, or you can go with the VN247H monitors; pretty nice too! Otherwise you have the PA248Q by ASUS too